What is the program about?
The five day a week, year-round program emphasizes independent living and continuing education, communication and socialization skills, recreation & leisure and community integration for adults with disabilities.
Where is ELA held?
The ELA program is held at the Center for Enriched Living which is located at
280 Saunders Road in Riverwoods, Illinois. The Center consists of a 20,000 square foot building complete with gymnasium, teaching kitchen, technology room, fitness room, arts and crafts room, practice apartment, recreation room, accessible garden, patio and sports field.
ELA Program Revolves Around Four Core Elements
- Independent Living and Continuing Education - Includes nutrition and health, functional reading, computers, functional math, science, practice apartment use for living skills, hygiene & safety and keyboarding.
- Communications and Socialization – Includes relationship building, employee relations and current events, feelings, self-esteem, friendship, relationships, journaling and Ambassadors’ Club.
- Recreation and Leisure – Includes fitness (yoga, strength training and swimming), sports (both skill development and recreation sports), cultural arts (music, arts and crafts, drama, dance) and leisure pursuits (horticulture, games, collecting, cooking and more), music therapy, pet therapy and sensory art.
- Community Integration – Includes the use of community resources, service projects and special outings, grocery shopping, library, coffee club, movies, and museums.
- Click here for a Program Brochure